In honour of the humanitarian and scientist who developed the life-saving polio vaccine in 1995, March of Dimes Canada presents the annual Jonas Salk Award to a Canadian scientist, physician or researcher. The $10,000.00 award recognizes an individual who has made a new and outstanding contribution in science or medicine to prevent, alleviate, or eliminate a physical disability.
Please consider nominating a deserving individual for this award.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is residing in Canada
- Have made a significant contribution to science or medicine
- Research conducted must have resulted in a significant advancement in scientific knowledge, prevention, treatment or cure of a physically disabling condition
- Research findings must have been published in refereed journals
- Individuals are nominated using this brief application form (en français : nomination officielle) between December to March 22, 2019
For more information, visit marchofdimes.ca.