KINGSTON, October 1, 2020 – The Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research (CIMVHR) presents the first symposium of the 2020 Virtual Symposium Series: Military Medicine, COVID-19 and the Changing Scope of Operations. The symposium brings experts together to gather, discuss and disseminate emerging research.
WHO (in order of appearance):
- LCol Andrew Beckett, CD, MD, Trauma Advisor to the Surgeon General, Chief of General Surgery, Canadian Armed Forces; Medical Director, Trauma Program, St. Michael’s Hospital
- Col (Retd) Homer Tien, OMM, CD, MD, Chief of Reserve Medical Specialties, Canadian Armed Forces; and CEO, Ornge
- Joanne Langley, MD, MSc, Division Head, Infectious Diseases, IWK Health Care Centre; Professor of Pediatrics and Community Health and Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University
- Michelle Sholzberg, MDCM, MSc, Associate Scientist, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St. Michael’s Hospital
- Dana Devine, MD, PhD, Chief Medical and Scientific Officer at the Canadian Blood Services; and Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia
WHAT: Military Medicine, COVID-19 and the Changing Scope of Operations (Virtual Symposium)
WHERE: Youtube live (https://youtu.be/nMeDt5H87Yw)
WHEN: Thursday, October 1, 10AM – 12:15PM ET
WHY: To bring researchers, clinicians, military, Veterans, public safety personnel, students and the public together in a safe way to advance military, Veteran and family health research. The theme areas for each symposium were identified through a consultation process and selected as key areas of emerging research for our military, Veterans and their families. Each symposium will feature expert presenters and an opportunity for participants to engage and ask questions. The symposium series is free of charge and open to everyone interested in serving those who serve us.
ABOUT CIMVHR: CIMVHR is an innovative organization that engages existing academic research resources and facilitates the development of new research, research capacity and effective knowledge translation. Founded by Queen’s University and the Royal Military College of Canada, CIMVHR has a network of academic researchers from across Canada and serves as the hub for 46 Canadian universities and 13 Global Affiliates who work together in addressing the health research requirements of the Canadian military, Veterans and their families.